Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gluten Free Bread...Attempt #1

We will see how this goes. My grandmother gave me her bread machine today, so I just jumped right on the idea of making bread tonight. I am pretty sure that I have already messed it up. The dough doesn't look smooth like I thought it would, it is a little lumpy. Maybe that is just gluten free bread for ya! The machine keeps making noises like it is trying to tell me that I messed up. I think my entire family was in the kitchen while I was trying to figure it all out. The TV was going, hubby was doing dishes (you read that correctly!) and my kids were in and out begging for dinner every 3 minutes and there I was, looking up directions for this machine (of course the book has been lost) and attempting to make tacos all at the same time. I only burned myself once tonight. That is an improvement from the other night, which will leave a scar!
So, now I sit in a quiet house, paint and posterboard slung all over the dining room from a school project that I just can't seem to get motivated to clean up yet, listening to Mr. Michael Buble...if only there were a giant bath tub right here where the couch is...Hmmmm. Singing about life. How fitting.
If I am brave enough, I will post pics of my first attempt at bread. I have never made any sort of bread, other than cake or muffins.(the just add water kind) Deep breath....good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment